Here are a few tips to keep your pets safe during the holiday celebrations:
- July can be very HOT. Be sure your pets have shade and plenty of water.
- Parties are fun, but keep alcohol and party food out of your pets’ reach. Ask your guests not to give “treats” to your pets (or provide pet-healthy treats).
- Fireworks and even loud party sounds can be very distressing for pets. Provide a safe, quiet place for your pet to “escape.” This is especially important if your pets are left alone while you are out watching the fireworks!
- If your pet has extreme anxiety problems, ask your vet (in advance) if medication may ease the stress.
- Make sure your pet’s tags are current, and consider microchipping. Many pet are lost during the holiday festivities.
And for our friends in the US, visit our sister-site, July 4th Fireworks!