The annual Canada Day celebration and fireworks display takes place in various locations throughout Edmonton. Get times and details!
Elk Island National Park
Sunday, July 1, 2018, 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Celebrate Canada Day in nature at Elk Island National Park!
Explore the many islands of Astotin Lake in a canoe. Spread a blanket and share a picnic with your family and friends as lively music fills the air. Sing the Canadian national anthem alongside fellow Canadians.
Edmonton Valley Zoo
Sunday, July 1, 2018, 11:00 am – 4:00 pm
Celebrate Canada’s 151st birthday and the Zoo’s birthday as well! At the big birthday bash, take part in a scavenger hunt, enjoy live music and learn about all of our Canadian animal friends! Sing Happy Birthday and enjoy a mini cupcake!
Sunday, July 1, 2018, 11:00 pm – 11:30 pm
A magnificent fireworks display over Edmonton’s river valley parks and the North Saskatchewan River.
Best Viewing Locations:
- Alberta Legislature Grounds (Capital Plaza – north plaza)
- Government House Park (Groat Road and River Valley Road)
- Ezio Faraone Park
- RE/MAX Field – Those attending the Edmonton Prospects vs the Brooks Bombers game on July 1 are welcome to remain in their seats at the RE/MAX Field to watch the fireworks
Foot access only:
- Victoria Park / River Valley Road
- Walterdale Hill Road and Queen Elizabeth Park Road
- 109 Street (between Saskatchewan Drive and the High Level Bridge)